My Lovely Friends

Thursday 5 August 2010

A New Type of Card with Tilda

Good evening crafters....or should I say morning as its past midnight...... I have a wee little creation tonight which I made for PFP....yes girls how early am I this week.......YAY ME!!!! I decided at 10.30 tonight that I felt like making a card & after having a mooch around to see what bits of crafting necessities I could get a hold of I decided to try something new!!! Well I thought new Tilda = new type of card.

So here she is......

This is Mermaid Tilda from the new Bon Voyage collection, isn't she just SOOOO pretty. The dots are done with Pink Petal Liquid Pearls & they represent bubbles.......

Now you have seen new Tilda here is new card......

I have to say I am really pleased with this & I thoroughly enjoyed making it!! I came across it by accident tonight & when I saw it I just had to make it straight away. The tutorial for this is here http://digitaldelightsbyloubylootutorials.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-tuesday-fancy-fold-double-card.html#comments its such an easy to follow tutorial & you will really enjoy it....go on pop over......hold on not now you havn't finished the rest of my post yet!!!!! lol. The Tilda I actually coloured last week with Promarkers, so again cannot remember the colours I didn't actually make this card to go with this image it all hap by accident really. I have had new papers today so decided to use them espec as I'm limited with my stuff in boxes :-( The papers are My Minds Eye, Wild Asparagus, this is the 1st time I've used this brand & I loved the papers I was spoilt for choice by this collection. The flowers are from my stash & too the ribbons. I have followed the sketch on PFP as that is their challenge this week which has been set by the lovely Tracy. It is all there its just made smaller to fit on.

This is the inside when unfolded. The stamp was from The Papermill when I ordered some coloured card, this was half price....who can no to that!!! As I'm not sure where my stamping inks are I coloured the stamp with a bright pink Promarker. All the gems are Prima. You can actually use velcro to fasten it together but mine is in a box.........just dont know which box!!!! Thus I used ribbons & as I didnt have pink & green ribbon, I just used 2 together. The edge os the sentiment was distressed with Crushed Olive distress ink.

Now I said in my earlier post I would put some pics on of my craft room, you know the working project lol. Well I forgot to take new pics today & now its too dark so here are a couple from yesterday.....today I actually have a roof.......WOO HOOOOO

Well here is my craft room, or should I say what was my craft room!! You can just see the benches at the back & side & the shelves that my stamps sat on, you can also see my wood burner. Where the fresh wood side is on the right by the blue plastic is how much its getting extended.....I drive a Renault Traffic van & I could fit that in there.....its mahoosive!!! All the stuff at the back on the bench is the wall insulation from the wall they have took down, I think they got it down by lighting a big, huge, mahoosive BOMB!! At least by the mess you wud think so lol.

You might be able to tell better on this pic how much bigger it gonna be......I'm getting SOOO excited now mind lol. The man in the grey vest is my wonderful hubby & the 1 next to him is my step-brother, they have just fitted a new bigger window.

This is where the explosion has extended to my garden.......I think I've got some cleaning & tidying up to do lol, still it will certainly be worth it!!

Well thats it finally from me I'm going to the land of nod.....zzzzz's. I am so so sorry for this very long post & if you managed to stay til the end I whole-heartedly thankyou, you are truly wonderful people & hugs & kisses for all of you. Hope you like my creation cus I certainly enjoyed making it, its always enjoyable trying something new isn't it lol. Well see ya tomorrow crafters, sleep tight......TTFN.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Sketch

11 comments:

Loopylou. said...

that is beautiful vicky, i love joy fold cards, i made one yesterday too so we must of been on the same crafty vibe!!!! the craft room is looking fab too hun, oodles bigger!! bet you can't wait! hugs lou xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful card Vicky.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week for my sketch challenge, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Heidi said...

I like your card Vicky!
The way you have put it all together, the beautiful colours and lovely image. And the way it is folded.
I am sure your craft room will be fantastic:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Vicky, love the rich colours you've used. Looks like you've got a good project on the go, how wonderful it will be when it's finished ! Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

coops said...

gorgeous card vicky.the tilda is so beautiful and love your colours and fabby card shape.am liking the piccys of your extended hobbit.its going to be masssivvvve when its finished :)

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debs said...

Such a sweet card..thanks for joining us at PFP..Debs x

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Such a fab MagnoliaCard. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs, Anja

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicky,
I can't believe you got here already, LOL! And with such a fabulous card. Love the style, & of course, your gorgeous new Tilda. It's wonderful. I'm very envious that hubby is building you your own crafting space. Lucky you! Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Emma said...

A gorgeous card hun, love the style and gorgeous details.
Your craft room extension is looking fab, will be worth all the tidying I am sure.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

Julie said...

Stunning as ever, Vicky and great colouring!! Lucky you to be getting your fab crafting space! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx