My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Simply Fairytale


Good evening peeps....actually I should say good morning as its nearly 1 0'clock in the morning lol. I've been on doing DT work & I really fancied a play just for fun & a challenge I havnt done one for over a week. So I got my lappy & looked for a sketch & found the one on Sugar Bowl. I thought well I've not played with a sugar nellie for a while maybe I'll ink up one of the sassy's that are still uninked.......wrong!!!
I made the card 1st then chose the image where normally I will colour the image & then do the card around that, I just find it easier that way & I know I will have papers to match.
So when the card was done this was the best sassy for the job lol.
I also went with the theme cus the pic inspiration is so beautiful....I'm not one for blues in the home I have never had so much as a blue wall anywhere in my home lol.....I find it a cold colour brrrrr.......lol.
Anyway here is my card.......
This is the beautiful 'Fairytale' from the Simply Sassy range......have you seen the new ones that are getting released I will have the alarm set on my internet lol. This is still my all time fave sassy tho.....I would love to see one with just the face & flowing hair cus I love them sort of images.....I have quite a few of them!!

I forgot to take a close-up of her I'm afraid.




I followed the sketch for the inside as well so its the same except it has a blank space for the message.
She is coloured with Copics & PM's, mainly copics tho. The papers are the gorgeous new Prima 'Botanical' which are just the most beautiful papers ever!!! The flowers & papers are from Crafty Emma's. Gems & doily from my stash. Lace & 2 slim white flowers are from Wild Orchid. All brown A4 card is from Papermill Direct. The punched trim at the bottom of the image is the 'French Lillies' border die from WOJ. I distressed all papers with my stressy tool & inked the edges with 'Weathered Wood' distress ink, I also inked the lillie border in it & the cut out corners as well. The flowers were also edged with the ink & then lace stickles added.
Well I'm gonna drag hubby off his Ipad & go to bed Natty is still awake but the baby monitor is on so if she starts I will just have to get back up!! Hopefully I wont take much rocking tonight lol.
Thank you so soooo much for all your sweet lovely comments you leave for me you really do make my day, actually my week.....you are all awesome!!
Thank you for stopping by & sparing the time to see my card see you soonies my lovely friends.
Tatty bye.
xoxoxoxox
Challenges I'm Entering......
http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/ - Sketch & Inspiration Pic


25 comments:

lynne said...

So i am not the only one still up at this time of the morning, well its 2.40ish now.
Love your card..the papers are so gorgeous! I love all the little detail you put into your cards.
Hope Natalie fell asleep soon for you!
Lynne x

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the doily and flowers!

Chrissy said...

She is stunning.Gorgeous colouring, and I love the blues.I stamped one of my images not long ago then scanned it and enlarged the area I wanted big like head and shoulders.It works quite well as long as you dont try to get it too big.Thats why I love digis too.lol
Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

So pretty...not a color combo I've tried a lot, blue and brown...I love it:)!...You colored her hair so fab, too:)...Good luck in your challenges!:)

xo, krista

Rach said...

HI honey, This is a gorgeous card sweetie, so beautiufully coloured and i love the layout of your card and the pretty details that you have added.xxx

Doreen said...

Such a gorgeous card Vicky, I love the image and the entire design of this.xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card Vicky.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

I have awarded you with The Stylish blogger Award. Hugs! Leah Ann
http://thehoosierstamperleahanngast.blogspot.com
You can pick it up at my blog, sorry the only way I know how to do it :o) Have a Great Day!

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi vicky, this is beautiful, I love those colors and the flowers are great too.

greetings karin

Arts by Sara said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that stays up until all hours of the morning working! I hope you had a good night with Natalie! Thanks for sharing your talents and life with me! Hope all is good and take care! Happy Creating! Sara

Anne said...

Georgeus card, love the image and beautiful details. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Vicky love the sassy girl,i know what you mean about blues i havent any walls that colour in my house either. I forget it,s bedtime too LOL
(hugs)
Trish (-:

cebelica said...

Another amazing card! I absolutely love your work hun, everything you make is stunning!!! I love the colours you used - brown an blue go together perfectly. Plus, blue is my favourite colour. :D

Have a fab day/evening!
Hugs!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the colour & layout x

Hope all went well for you last week @ hospital, & that you are feeling on top of the world x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A gem of a card Vicky!! Great work hun!! Hugs, Frea

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wowzer a totally gorgeous card, awesome colour work, beautiful papers & embelies,you designed me craftroom yet? lol, sue,x

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Vicky! I love the colours and your distressing!! One of my fave Sassy images too!! Hugs, Juliex

Lindsey said...

Hiya hun!
Hows things with you? Sorry not been round much these last couple of weeks seems i don't have time to scratch my butt let alone blog at the mo!
Your card is stunning, love the distressing and the colouring on the image is FAB! You rock girl!
Linds x
ps Hope you get a good nights kip!

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful as always Vicky!!! I don't have any of these stamps!! how bad is that and she looks so devine sat on these wonderful papers and so perfectly coloured!!! Love Chanelle xxxx

cardmaking bird said...

Hi Hunnybun. Sorry I've not visited for a few days, I just don't know where the times gone, but thanks so much for still visiting me and leaving such lovely comments. You really are a friend. I LOVE these stamps, they're just my most favourite ever and your card is truly beautiful. Big hugs, Marie xx

coops said...

stunning card vicky.i love this sassy and your colours are gorgeous.really beautiful details :D

xx coops xx

Emma said...

So, so beautiful hun...gorgeous colours and details.
Hugs Emma x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous hunni and it seems which every order you design your card it is a winner. Hope Nat's let you sleep.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

tiggertastic said...

wow this is such a lovely colour combination, amazing work hunny

sarah x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I have rather a lot of catching up to do so please forgive me if I don't comment on every post but I love this card and your last one too! Hugs, Lesley