My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Magnolia Midway Reminder - Shapely Cards

Hello my lovelies how ya all doing? We are hoping to get some decorating done, my kitchen needs finishing & the passageway & all my million doors need glossing.........urgh, would you like to do it for me???? What do you mean you are busy crafting!! ;0) Just kidding my lovelies.

Okie dokie I'm here today with a Midway Reminder for Midweek Magnolia's & the challenge is...........
SHAPED CARDS
............yep no squares, no oblongs, no rectangles allowed...........we want to see your shapely cards ;0)
Now please dont shout but I finally got around to inking this little lady up.........
............I said dont shout!!! This card base I actually made 2 weeks ago which is why there is no stitching..........yes I have a few card bases made up then do an image to match..........eventually lol. Most of the time though I sit & colour an image then find things to match lol.

I have attached one of the lovely MF 'Decorative Hangers' to this as its a hanging & not a actual card ;0)
I lurve these hangers & have quite a few...........can never have too many of something ;0)

I've added lace (cant remember which one lol)& 'Shabby Seam Binding' & made a double bow & added a MF 'Pearl' to the centre.
I've also added a 'Birdcage' using an Impression Obsession die & a bird cut from a Marianne die & added a 'Pearl' for her eye. Flowers are all a selection from  Prima.

The tage I cut from the paper pad & added a Prima 'Bird shaped clip' to the corner. The tile is also Prima.

The image is 'Tilda Binding Flowers' from the Special Moments 2013 collection. I coloured her with Distress Markers, I soooooooo lurve these. I'm still trying to get hair right........that was always something I found easy with copics lol. 
The frame of course is Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals'. I also added dots using a Pearl Pen.

The gorgeous papers are Graphic 45 'Secret Garden' & I inked all the edges with walnut distress ink & also distressed them a little. I've also added 'Cheese Cloth' between the 2 layers. The rolled flower I made with my Marianne die & added a coloured pearl inside.

Well I think thats it from peeps but why not join us in our challenge, there is still a week left. All of my DT buddies have made AMAZING cards.........I love these girls they are super talented & so inspirational!!

I will be round to see you a various times when I can in between decorating. Thank you soooooo much for stopping by it means the world to me.

Squishy hugs to all mmwah
xxxxxxxxxxxx



19 comments:

Doreen said...

fabby card sweetie - great design
Big hugs
Doreen xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely beautiful Vicky, I like everything about it!!!
Kevin xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's another gorgeous card Vicky.

greetings karin

Fabiola said...

wouah! trop bien, c'est une merveille pour les yeux, biz

Unknown said...

VEry very pretty card, love the shape and those muted colours! Hugs Frea

Valentina Pagan said...

Gorgeous card! ... and the paper clip in the shape of bird is simply adorable!
Vale ;)

Unknown said...

Awesome card sweetie, love the build up of it, there's just so much to look at and every single detail is as pretty as ever! Big hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Shazza said...

OMG!!! This is so beautiful x

Chrissy said...

I adore the shape and papers Vicky...love all the details with the cage and bird, and Tilda is just a sweetie and beautifully coloured..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

"WOW"......What a fabulous card lots of lovely details too xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fab card! Lovely the shape and papers. hugs, Helena

Anonymous said...

Love the papers and the gorgeous shape, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

MagsB said...

Oh my, this is so beautiful! Totally amazing!

Good luck with the painting and decorating, just hold onto the mantra 'It will be wonderful when it's finished!' That works for me, anyway! ;)

love Mags B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Stunningly cute as usual sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Kelly said...

Vicky your card is stunning! Love Tilda she is gorgeous and the design and papers are a delight!
Hugs Kelly

Kirsty said...

Hi it's stunning...she is beautiful..love the tag and all the gorgeous embellishments. .always an inspiration :)

XxJULESxX said...

Oh wow this is stunning!!!

Mau xx said...

Stunning!! what yummy colours and papers. Beautiful shape and layers to it.
Huge hugs Mau xx
love the new pics of your gorgeous family Vicky.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning Vicky! Love those rich, lush papers and the lovely card shape too. Big hugs, Wends xxx