My Lovely Friends

Thursday 3 April 2014

Crafty Little Fairies DT Card.....or is it?

Hello everyone wow are we getting some grey weather here, its awful & depressing :0( Still we should make ourselves a cuppa, put some tunes on & dance around the living room with our hoovers........I actually do do this........lol

Anyhoo's my lovelies its time for a new challenge over at Crafty Little Fairies & I have to say its one of my faves.................
SHABBY CHIC/VINTAGE
.........told ya. I lurve these 2 themes & normally I would go for all pinks & pale greens & lilacs. Well this time I went for blues.............I lurve blues!! Only on craft creations though, strangely as I dont like blues in the home.
Anyway I have made a gift bag for this challenge..........
I've used some of my favourite papers which I do stroke a lot lol.....they are both Maja Design. The bottom sheet is Vintage Spring Basics '4th April 12x12' & the top one is Vintage Autumn Basics 'No XXII 12x12'. They are from different collections yet go beautifully together.  

I used a MS PATP punch for the edging on one side. I also added 'Cheesecloth' under the image. The 'Butterfly' was made using 2 MB dies.

I've added a gorgeous 'Coathanger' & attached a couple of bits of scrap lace to it. The large blue flower & centre white one up the top are from WOC, all the smaller blue ones are from LLC & the 2 white ones are rolled flowers made with dies & the 2 white ones up top are from LLC.
The butterfly is a Magnolia Doo-Hickey die.
The gorgeous lace is from my stash & the 'Rose Organza' trim is from LLC. I've added a 'Tag' from the Autumn Vintage Basics 6x6 pad & added a Little Darlings Sentiment Tag on top. The cute little 'Angel' is also from LLC.

I also decorated the back, its only done plainly at the mo as it needs to have a verse added once I know who the recipient will be. It also has a velcr fastening so that it can stay closed once items are in there. The handle I made myself with 3 lengths of string plaited together & I punched holes into the bag.

I have used a gorgeous SC image called 'Honey' this is one of my favourite images, I think she rocks!! I have coloured her with distress ink markers to go with the whole shabby chic look.

Notice anything different in this picture?? Yep I added a bow with white seam binding from my stash, that corner kept bugging me..........it needed something but not another embellishment.......so a bow got attached to the handle ;0)


Now if you would like some uber fabulous digi's I know where there are some new ones. When the boss lady sent me them last night...........well I cant explain how excited I got, especially over one of them as I've been waiting forever for it lol.............
Need a clue...........

Walking On
Yep Saturated Canary have released new images, I wanted print them out straight away but my printer ran out of ink then the new one for some reason wouldnt get accepted, think the chip maybe damaged..................I was GUTTED!!!!!

Ok I'm going now, that was a long post phew..............I need lie down now lol.
Tatty bye my lovelies & thank you sooooooooo much for stopping by mmwah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering............
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Diva's By Design - Anything Goes



25 comments:

Irene said...

LOVE your adorable card Vicky and me so do NOT like blue in the house either *lol* (or for clothes now that I think about is ......well pants is okay but that's it).

Have a nice day, xxx Irene

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a delight and I love all the blue. Someone is going to be very lucky and receive this lovely bag. They are not going to be bothered with the present inside though. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How beautiful, vintage and shabby chic are so your style and this rocks. Anyone would love to have this, wouldn't need a gift inside it.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Vicky. I can see why you love that image so much. Your colouring is amazing, the papers are gorgeous and all your detailing is so beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous Vicky
love blue
thanks for positive energy
I am in the middle of recovery
hugs Tamara

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So gorgeous, I love the blue colour scheme!
Rebecca.

heidy said...

Beautiful Vicky!!
XXX Heidy

Shazza said...

this is so gorgeous Vicky xx

Annette said...

Vicky, It's just GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. I love the SC image, and your pretty soft colouring.
Gorgeous bag. It's a gift in itself. Nothing needed inside it!
Hugs
Annette
xx

Fabiola said...

j'ai moi aussi des problèmes d'imprimante...très énervant, mais ta carte est magique, adorable et superbe, biz

cheryl said...

Oh wow stunning really beautiful detail hugs cheryl xx

cheryl said...

Oh wow stunning really beautiful detail hugs cheryl xx

Sharon said...

Fabulous Vicky. I love this SC image and the papers and embellishments are gorgeous. Love the shade of blue.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sandra H said...

Oh Vicky this is so beautiful gorgeous image and loving all of the wonderful embellis x

Carol S. said...

Hi Vicky, This bag would be a great gift, even empty! Stunning design and the images is lovely. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sara S. said...

This is such a beautiful, shabby bag! Love the blue tones, and the coloring on your image fits wonderfully!

Loopylou. said...

omgosh thats gorgeous hunny! I love it
huge hugs Lou xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning gift bag and keepsake too. It's absolutely gorgeous Vicky.
Lorraine

Pat K said...

WOW, that's an amazing bag Vicky...front & back. Love the blue & white...so pretty. Dancing with your hoover...sounds fun to me. Have a good weekend. hugs, Pat K x

Mau xx said...

Hi Vicky, what a fabulous work of art! You embellies are gorgeous and of course the image is just a honey...lol krista is a genius!!
Been looking at your craft room pics..its wonderful, I really would love some of the strip for my dies...where do you get it from???
Huge hugs Mau xx

Juls said...

Just stunning!!!!! Hugs Juls

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Vicky, been trying to get to my iPad all day to comment on this. Love your design hun and the hand plaited handles are perfect, right down to the bow. Fabulous colouring and I love the papers. Beautiful design hun. Hugs, Wends x

Janine said...

Breathtaking as always Vicky. Fabulous colouring, beautiful details and scrummy papers - what more can I say! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Kat W said...

Simply stunning! I love how well the different Maja DP collections go together and the blue shades on here are gorgeous.
You are so good at the shabby chic look and the lovely Honey is such a fab choice for this :-)
I love all the little details but especially the plaited handles - just awesome!
Big hugs, Kat xx