My Lovely Friends

Saturday 21 March 2015

Live and Love Crafts DT Project - Best Of Luck

Hello everyone, I'm here today with a bit of Irish for my Live & Love Crafts DT....... As some of you know Sandra set us DT girls the theme of St Patrick's Day/Luck Of The Irish............well I do like to be challenged its part of crafting.
Now my favourite accent is Irish........OMG I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously......I so wish hubster could speak Irish ooooh swoon ;-) One day I would love to go to Southern Ireland, my dad went over there to help close down one of the pits (mines) there in Tipperary & he said it was the most wonderful place & the people there were the friendliest.
So here is my take on the Irish them this week............
I obviously had to go green as that is the Irish colour & Green for St Patrick's Day. As that day had passed I added a banner saying 'Best Of Luck' which came with the digi image I've used.
Of course I've still gone shabby chic with it all............well come on we have to do that lol.

Now of course luck means a Clover............so I had to include a clover & as I didnt have one, well I made one with the clay hearts. If you look at a Clover or a Shamrock the leaves are like an upside down heart........now a Shamrock is a 3 Leaf Clover but the Clover that is thought to bring lots of luck is indeed the 4 Leaf Clover :-)

The one thing I had to include was indeed the Miners Lamp (ok so it's a lantern but ssshhhh).......... I have one of these sitting in my living room, with engraving on for my dad which he left for my hubster when he passed away.
Luck of the Irish originated with the Miners, as the miners were thought to be the wealthiest. Although the American Irish term of 'Luck' is happier, positive thinking............which will lead onto the picture below

..........now this verse I got free off Pinterest from someone who made it free for people to print off. It basically reads this..........
May your trouble's be less
and your blessing's be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door..........
Of course I had to add a gorgeous image next to the verse & what better image did I find but this gorgeous lady from La La Land Crafts & she is called 'Irish Marci' & I coloured her with distress inks & markers. Her lips went a bit funny & I ran out of time to colour another image in :-(
I added lots of flowers & as the verse had 'Come through your door' I thought I would include the Melissa Francis resin 'Birdhouse' which says 'Home' on it......
The dies used for leaves are from Noor Design UK & are......

Of course I added 2 very gorgeous laces, a doily, pearls & pearl string & dashings of Gesso here & there just to add to the shabby chic-ness of it lol.

Well that's it from me, hope I passed with my take on the Irish Theme this week, tbh I quite enjoyed it........ya gotta love a challenge ;-)

Enjoy your weekend lovelies & if you want to enjoy it better, well you know what you gotta do dont you............go shopping at LIVE & LOVE CRAFTS...........best shop for all your vintage & shabby chic craftiness ;-)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx





4 comments:

Sandra H said...

WOW awesome card beautiful image and design, amazing creation as always

Fabiola said...

trop mignon, biz

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh now this is so refreshing! I love the addition of the coloured ribbons! Happy Wednesday! Judy x

Unknown said...

Hehe...the St Patrick's week was a real challenge, wasn't it?! But hey not all cards can be pink and blue and lilac...sometimes it's refreshing with something else... You picked the perfect image; she's so cute.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts