My Lovely Friends

Sunday 13 November 2016

To You From Me

Hellooooo everyone hope you are all have a fabby dabby weekend.
Mine is spent wallpapering......my eldest son Ben & Megan have got me wallpapering their entire living room.......good job we love our children lol.

Anyhoo's todays card is with a stamped image I coloured a few weeks ago but I saw the new challenge over at one of my favourite challenges Hanglar & Sweet Magnolia & thought this cutie was perfect.........so I made this card for that challenge. I know that never happens!!
I'm sorry but how adorable is he..... Ok papers I've used are Maja Design 'I Wish' collection, sheets I've used are 'I Wish For Lots Of Snow'............omg I really do ;-) & 'I Wish For Frosty Mornings', both 12x12 sheets. They have been inked with Pumice Stone, distressed a wee bit & then machine stitched.
The card shape is with a Go-Kreate die.

All the flowers are from Noor Design UK as are the Pomegranate Apples, there is also some moss in there. The grey lace & rusty star thingy ma bob are from LLC. Leaves are with Tim Holtz Holiday Greens.
Have you seen the little tag......thats from Magnolia's latest Aspen Collection & you can get it here from Noor Design UK........I stamped it in cocoa memento onto kraft card & stamped the sentiment which comes with it in black, then tied some Chocolate Waxed Cord through the top.

The ribbon I've add for quite a while & got it from Ebay with lots of other colours that sit unused in a box lol.......shame really as its beautiful ribbon. The centre bling is from Noor Design UK & I tied a couple of rusty bells from it with waxed cord again.

So this cutie is a Magnolia stamp & one of my favourite christmas stamps.......he's just adorable!!
He is called 'Frosty With Snowflake' from the So Snowy collection 2009, I think lol.
I stamped him with versamark & then heat embossed him in white & coloured him with distress inks.....I forgot how fun these were to do, I havn't done one for a looooong time.
I added glitter to his star & underneath him for snow & his hat. & I added a sparkly gem for the centre of his snowflake. I also added shabby white frantage as snow
He was cut out using a Memory Box stitched oval & behind him is a Joy Crafts 'Holly Leaves' die.


As always I decorated inside to compliment the front. The poinsettia I fussy cut from another Maja Design sheet....cannot remember what though ;-( The little Snowman postcard stamp is from Maja Design I Wish Emphemera Cards sheet which got a little bit of distressing.
I also added Gesso & Snowtex here & there for that little bit extra wintage lol.

Well thats it from me a busy day ahead decorating.....as long as they keep the cups of black tea coming & throw in some choccy biscuits now & again it will be grand lol.

Have a good day everyone, take cate
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering........
Magnolia-licious - Anything Goes
Live & Love Crafts - White Christmas (Forgot to enter sorry girls, if its not ok just delete it xx)




12 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Enjoy your decoration hun, phew don't know how you do it, decorating and making gorgeous cards too, multitasker, lol no i know you made the card earlier he he, stunning it is though hunny, loving the snowman never got this stamp wish i has now duh!!! beautiful embellishments again too, speak soon, hugs Liz xx

A Country Twinkle said...

Sweet snowman card! Beautiful!

Rene said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! Every detail is absolute perfection; I simply LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us at LHOSM! Good luck,
Rene

Sandra H said...

Oooh my goodness your card is beautiful! x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Another beautiful card Vicky. Judy x

Cathy Lee said...

Oh wow, Vicky, this is gorgeous. Love how you dressed up your darling snowman. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cath

Jay said...

Oh WOW Vicky this absolutely stunning!!! I love everything about it, its a feast for the eyes and we are so pleased that you managed to squeeze this stunning piece in, whilst doing all that wall papering he he!!! Thank you so much for letting everyone know about our challenge and Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia Glitter or Snow challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

Chris said...

OH THIS IS JUST SO LOVELY! I love the wintry feel that you have given to the image and design. The colors are wonderful! Thanks for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge!
XO,
Chris

Plony said...

Wowwwwww....Vicky.......This is gorgeous....what a beauty!!! I love what you did with all your fantastic details....Beautiful is an understatement...
Thanx for joining us at LHOSM. xxx Plony

Suzi Mac said...

A fabulous winter creation Vicky, love this sweet Snowman and all your fabulous details. Thank you for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi x
p.s. hope the wallpapering is going well!! lol

Karen said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious!

Donna said...

Another absolutely stunning creation Vicky filled with festive holiday cheer and crafting loveliness.
Thanks for joining us at LHOSM.
Hugs, Donna xx