My Lovely Friends

Thursday 31 August 2017

Merry Christmas Wall Hanging

Hello everyone, how are you all? I'm here today with my DT make for Swedish House Crafts.

This year is going so so fast before we know it we will be putting up those twinkling lights & waiting for the round jolly fella in red. I love Christmas its one of my favourite times of year, lots of time spent with family....perfect.

So I thought I would make a wall hanging for my eldest son, fiance & grandkids home. I made myself one last year & they loved it so I have made one for them......kinda like from our home to their's :-)

I used Maja Design papers which are my favourite. For the hanging I created a bauble shape by hand. I inked the papers, then distressed them before sewing all around them on my sewing machine.
I used cardboard off a cereal box as the bottom as this gives it more strength & I then backed each paper onto 400gsm cardstock to give it a good weight. I didnt want a flimsy wall hanging....it needs to last

For the trees I used Magnolia Birch die.....I cut them out using the same paper as my first layer which was Maja Design 'For Frosty Mornings from the I Wish collection. I inked the edges then brushed on white structure paint to give them a textured wintery look.
I also did the same to the Mistletoe, I think they look so pretty like that.

The image is Magnolia's Snowy Cottage & I coloured it with distress ink refills & added Stardust Stickles to all the snow & white enamel accents paint to the snow drops.
I then cut the image out using Stitched Rectangles die.
You can also see I added Jute in the top right corner what is just peeking out, this was cut from a Magnolia die.

I cut out Mistletoe from the 6x6 pad with the Magnolia die in the same colours to match the card & added structure paint to add texture & a wintery look.
The little postcard I added is from the same Maja Design 'I Wish' collection 6x6 pad.
I added hessian, bark stars with gesso on & lace, ribbon & waxed cord to add a few different textures to the hanging. I also added bits of gesso to the flowers to complete the wintery look.


Hope I have inspired you to maybe start creating christmas things, or maybe you have already started. Swedish House Crafts has lovely Christmas products as well as lots of other yummy things.

You can find my blog here.


Gummiapan Stitched Rectangles dies

Challenges I'm Entering...........
Midweek Magnolia's - Lace Or Ribbon (I have used both)
Craft Heaven - Anything Goes

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Fabulous Christmas wall hanging. Beautifully done.

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW Vicky, this is beautiful! I love the colours, gorgeous stamp and fab design, your son and family will love it!
Hugs
Gina xx

Unknown said...

Beautifully done.


หนังจีน