My Lovely Friends

Thursday 5 October 2017

AUTUMN

Hello everyone how are you all?
Sorry I've been missing in action I've been quite ill lately & then had to have tests took. So have not had energy to even blog, let alone craft but I finally made this card.....only took me 4 days lol.

Anyway I'm late with not 1 but 2 DT cards oops, so I'm combining them both...yep I'm cheating lol.
Ok so the new challenges have started over at All About Magnolia & Deep Ocean Challenges & luckily for me their themes are nearly the same.......phew!!! Lol.

AUTUMN COLOURS at DOC or AUTUMN/HALLOWEEN also at AAM

I've gone with Autumn colours to suit both challenges. I absolutely love Autumn, I love all the changing colours of the leaves & trees & love the rustle under my feet when the leaves have fallen on the ground. Its a beautiful time of year.
I thought I would use a Halloween kind of stamp but make her more Autumn orientated ;-)

This is Witch Tilda With Small Pumpkins but I thought rather than her being a witch she could just be sitting amongst the trees enjoying Autumn.

The papers are Maja Design 'Walking In The Forest' 6x6 pad from Swedish Houe Crafts. I have machine stitched the both layers & the top layer I cut out using a die from Magnolia Doohickey Club Kit Volume 11........you can get these Magnolia Volumes from Swedish House Crafts at a great price & they are soooo worth the money.
I also added gesso to both layers to soften them & give them a shabby chic look.....Autumn the shabby chic way lol.

I have cut the envelope from the Maja Design 6x6 pad & then cut the tags from it also & added eyelets & waxed cord & popped them inside the envelope to write little messages on them.
I also cut the shaped larger tag form the same pad & added Autumn to the top, the Autumn I cut from the front cover of Maja Design 'Vintage Autumn Basic's' 6x6 pad, I have 2 pads & 1 is nearly gone so used that cover.......recycle recycle lol ;-)

The tree's are Doohickey dies from Swedish House Crafts called 'Birch' from the Animal Of The Year collection. I cut it out of Kraft cardstock & then gave it a painting with gesso. The second tree I popped onto foam pad to give it a 3-D effect.

The Magnolia stamp I coloured with distress ink refills, I also added stardust stickles to the pumpkins.
Colours used are..........
Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose - Skin
Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs - Hair
Rusty Hinge, Hickory Smoke, Carved Pumpkin  - Dress & Band on Hat
Frayed Burlap - Boots & Hat
Ooops I forgot to add colour to her lace at the bottom of the dress......better fix that :-/

Flowers are WOC, the leaves are Magnolia Doohickey dies & I added some small leaves made with foamiran & Magnolia dies from Volume 11 to the larger tag. I used a peachy coloured foamiran & coloured them 3 colours with oil pastels.
Lace is from my stash.

Well thats it from me, please pop on over to both challenges & give my DT members some love, they are all so talented.
Thank you for stopping by.
Huge hugs Vicky xxx

CHALLENGES I'M ENTERING..........
Magnolia Forever - Fall / Halloween
Simply Magnolia - Autumn


5 comments:

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

Your card is soooo gorgeous. I really really love color combo, layout, embellishments, and everything in your card.
Thank you for joining Magnolia Forever challenge. Hope to see you creation again next time.
Sai

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card Vicky! I love the colours and fabulous design!
I'm sorry to read you have been unwell and hope you are on the mend now!
Sending you hugs
Gina xx

Donna said...

Oh, my goodness! What an absolutely gorgeous Autumnal card Vicky.
The detail is swell, and sweet Tilda is coloured to perfection. I love her!
Another delicious card inside, and out.
I hope that you will start feeling better soon beautiful talented lady.
Sending oodles of cuddles.
Donna xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is stunning a wonderfully designed and detailed Autumnal creation I love the image of Tilda also the amazing colours, thank you for joining our challenge at MAGNOLIA FOREVER I hope you will join us again
hugs
lorraine x

Plony said...

What a awesome card Vicky.....You did a fantastic job with Tilda and with the colors at your card. Speechless.....that's what I am.....wow wow wow.....

Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Magnolia sweetie and please come back soon.
xxx Plony